Saturday, June 22, 2013

Juneathon: Day 21 & 22

Sugar House Park
So, running in Utah sure is tough, but the scenery isn't too bad.

Day 21:
I had a rest day, but I went out for a walk with my friends 6 year old son.  He was on his bike while I walked.  I didn't bring my Garmin so I'm only estimating, but I believe we went at least a mile.  When we got back we grabbed her other son and walked to 7-eleven, for another half a mile.  It wasn't much, but it was something. Later that night we had barbecue and I definitely over ate.  I was ready to get my long run in the next day to work off some of the food.

Day 22:
Today I had 10 miles on my Chicago training plan.  I found a good route from my friend Megan's house.  I ran 2 miles to Sugar House Park, which was basically flat, thank goodness.  The elevation is tough enough so I didn't need hills to make it harder.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I made it to the park but I was hoping there would be water fountains and a bathroom if necessary.  I don't usually need one, but when you start adding the miles you never know what's going to happen.  The water fountain was a bigger deal because I brought my fuel belt with 20oz of water and I was going to need to fill up.  Megan told me there were fast food joints around so if worse came to worse I could always fill up there.

The park was beautiful.  As you can see from my photo the backdrop was picturesque.  It was a great park designed for walkers, runners, cyclists.  There was a separate lane for us, which I thought was great.  I believe the loop around the park was 1 mile.  After I did 2 loops I ran up a different street toward Megan's house into the Harvard district, which had gorgeous homes, back to the park and then ran back to Megan's house for a total of 10 miles.  It was very hard for me to do, but I did it :)

No comments: