Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Juneathon: Day 23, 24 & 25

Day 23:
Sunday was a rest day, but we did manage to walk to "The Pie," which was a mile away.  I'm sure our food counteracted the mile walk there and back, but I was moving and that's all that matters.

The Pie was delicious.  I don't eat meat and my friends wanted meat so we compromised and ordered half meat, half veggie.  My friend's husband called it, "The Dichotomy."  It was pretty funny to see a pizza like that.
The Dichotomy Pizza









Day 24:
Monday was a cross training day and I am still trying to acclimate so I went on a long walk.  I walked 2.5 miles to Starbucks and then 2 miles back to Megan's house.  It was nice.  I really love being able to walk everywhere.

Day 25:
Today I did my 2.5 mile tempo run for a total of 4.5 miles.  I did a 1 mile warmup and a 1 mile cool down.  I was able to make my tempo for 1 mile so I was happy with that.  Running out here is starting to get slightly better, but I think in another week I'll be able to get to the tempo I want for the entire distance.  I'm also excited to get home and see how all this elevation running has helped with my speed.

No comments: