Thursday, June 20, 2013

Juneathon: Day 19 & 20




I have arrived in Utah safe and sound :)  My flight from DC to Denver was a little choppy and my flight from Denver to SLC was delayed, but all in all it wasn't so bad.  I will be here for a month relaxing, visiting friends and enjoying life.  I have also managed to complete all my workouts so far since I've been here, but the stopping to blog about them is tricky.  As much as I love Juneathon and Janathon, I'm not sure I'll participate again.  I feel like the posts get monotonous.  However, here's a run down of what I've been doing here.


Day 19:
Yesterday was a cross training day and my running coach recommended a good walk in the elevation could be enough so that's what I did.  My friend and I took her 2 boys out on the bikes and walked around her neighborhood.  She lives near the University of Utah in Salt Lake City and it is pretty hilly.  We only walked 2 miles, but I felt like I got in a decent workout.

Day 20:
Today I had to do 2.5 miles of fartlek for a total of 4 with the warmup and cool down.  Whew!  It was tough with the elevation.  On top of the elevation change there were some crazy hills.  I'm not a fan of hills, but I know they're good for training.  My pace was 2 minutes slower than normal so that was kind of depressing.  I planned on doing a half marathon next week, but hadn't registered and now I'm questioning if I should do it.  There is a time limit that I might not make if my pace stays at 2 minutes slower than normal.  Ack!  I have a 10 mile long run on Saturday so I'll see how that goes before I make a final decision.


No comments: