Saturday, June 15, 2013

Juneathon: Day 15

This is a short and sweet phone post. I will do a full race recap this week.

Today I completed the Life is a beach triatlon down in Hampton, VA! It was so much fun. It was shorter than an official tri, with a 200 meter swim, 5 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run. It is specifically designed for beginners and also is very kid friendly. It was also a pretty good workout and the run was on the beach. That was not easy. I have been admiring my friends who do tris and thought this would be a good way to test the waters. It was awesome and I definitely want to try to sneak and sprint triathlon in my 2013 race calendar if possible. I hope it works out.

After I returned home I completed the ab challenge. I decided to modify it because it was increasing too much too soon and I started cheating. So, today I did 45 full sit-ups (no cheating), 90 crunches, 20 good leg raises (I'd been cheating a little on those too) and a 1 minute plank. It's going well, but I think I'm going to drag it out to 2 months so I can build up slower.

No comments: