Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Juneathon: Day 16, 17 & 18

Day 16:
Well, I guess I've fallen off the bandwagon for a couple of days.  The 16th was a rest day in both the ab challenge and my training program, but I did manage to walk a few miles with a friend so I still got in my exercise.   It was nothing too exciting. 

Day 17:
Yesterday was a cross-train day so I got out on the bike for 11 miles.  I'm using my Mom's hybrid bike, but when I come back from vacation in July I will get road bike shoes and start using my sister's road bike.  I'm told I'll go a lot faster because the bike is lighter and you gain momentum from pedaling because you're clipped in so as you go up you're also propelling the bike forward.  I'm looking forward to starting that when I get back.

Day 18:
Today I had to do a 2 mile tempo run with a warmup and cool down so I did 3.5 miles today.  It was awful!  I hated every single step.  I couldn't get to my tempo pace and it was so humid I was dripping sweat.  I also ate very little for breakfast and was hungry by mile 2.  I really hope that one day soon I will be able to get out of my head and each mile will float by, but for now every single step feels like so much work.  I just want it to be easy.  I hope that as I continue to focus on consistency it will be easier.  I guess I just have to be patient.  Ugh...I want it to be easy now!

No comments: