Monday, June 10, 2013

Juneathon: Day 10

Today was my final day of work and now I get to enjoy my summer break!!  I'm so excited and have a lot of fun things planned.  But, I also have a few things I need to get done, like work on my dissertation and train for some marathons.  I began the 3rd week of my training and was supposed to do 15-20 minutes of cross training.  I ended up getting on the bike for an hour and riding 12 miles.  I really enjoy being on the bike.  It feels great and although there are tough moments on hills and you do get a little tired, it's not nearly as hard as running is, at least for me.

After I got back from my bike ride I did the ab challenge.  Today was 50 sit-ups, 50 crunches, 30 leg raises and a 38 second plank.  It's certainly getting harder and I'm definitely starting to feel it more that the reps are increasing.

Even though I've missed a couple workouts, I've done something for my health every day this month with the exception of yesterday.  I'm pretty proud of myself :)

No comments: