Saturday, June 1, 2013

Juneathon Day 1

I had a good time with Janathon, even though I struggled with posting every day toward the end.  I decided to participate in Juneathon.  Here are the rules:
- Run or do some form of exercise every day.
- Blog about it within 24 hours.
- Join the Juneathon group at the Running Free website and log your runs/exercise.
- Visit other blogs and leave comments, giving your support.
 
I didn't run today because I'm doing the North Face Endurance Challenge half marathon tomorrow and it's my rest day.  However, a few folks in my running club began the June ab challenge and I did day 1 today.  It was very simple.  It included 15 sit-ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises and a 10 second plank.  It wasn't anything to cause soreness.  I did it in a minute or so.  

I also went to a couple sporting goods and running stores today.  I was looking for a hydration backpack.  I have one, but it's pretty big (100oz) and too big for what I need tomorrow.  It's going to be very hot tomorrow and I didn't think my normal 20oz belt would do the trick.  The aid stations on the NF race are farther apart than I'm used to and I was worried I'd get dehydrated.  In the end I decided not to buy one, but I did manage to get a new pair of running shoes!  They were 60% off so I couldn't pass them up.  I've been wanting to get a new pair of Saucony Hurricanes and now I can try them.  The only downside is the store I bought them from has final sale on clearance so if they are no good then I'm stuck with them.  I guess it's not as bad as the 2 other pair of running shoes I have parted with way too early because they just didn't work.  

I'm a little nervous for tomorrow's race.  I've done a half before, this will be my 6th one this year, but it's my first trail race and I think it's going to have a lot of hills.  I'm not trying to PR and just want to go out and have a good time.  I just hope I don't melt in the heat!

New running shoes...can't wait to try them!

No comments: