Sunday, June 2, 2013

Juneathon: Day 2

I'm writing this from my phone so it's going to be short. Today I was a participant in the North Face Endurance Challenge half marathon. It was a trail race from Great Falls park along the Potomac River to Algonkian park in Virginia. It was my first trail race so I guess that makes it an automatic PR, but it was my slowest half time ever by a lot. I will give a full re-cap tomorrow, but I'll just say it was the hardest course I've ever done. The Marine Corps marathon felt easier and it sure made the Historic Half seem easy!

After I got home I was slow moving, but managed to get day two of the ab challenge done too. It wasn't much different than yesterday (20 sit-ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises and a 12 second plank), but it sure felt harder. I was exhausted from the race. After that I ate some Pizza Hut, my preferred post race food and then took a nice, long nap. I know that even though I was slow today I gave it my all and am happy with my performance.

No comments: