Friday, May 31, 2013

Book Review: Wedding Night

As mentioned in my book review post yesterday, I am a fan of Sophie Kinsella novels.  I've read all her books and am slowly working on getting through the books that she writes using her real name, Madeleine Wickham.  Today I just finished reading Wedding Night, which is Sophie's most recent novel.  It was a delightful read and took me a week to finish...that's a good thing.  It means I spent time reading the book over other activities and a book has to be good for that.

Each chapter is written from the perspective of one of the two main characters, Lottie and Fliss.  They are sisters.  In the beginning Lottie is hoping to get engaged to her boyfriend of 3 years, which doesn't end up happening.  They break up, she's distraught and then Fliss is worried about her.  After break ups Lottie tends to be impulsive and makes "unfortunate choices."  She ends up getting married to an old summer fling, Ben.  Lottie and her new husband decide to fly off to Ikonos, Greece for their honeymoon.  Ikonos is the place where they first met.  Fliss and Lorcan (Ben's business partner) are devastated by this news and jet off to Ikonos in pursuit of the married couple.  I'll just leave it at that.

I give this book two thumbs up. I enjoyed it and highly recommend it.  It would be a great book to read on a plane ride or sitting on the beach or by the pool this summer.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

No comments: