Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Janathon Day 2

I had to return to work day after a week and a half break so I was  a little sluggish.  I knew I wasn't going to run today because I did 8 miles the day before and I don't like to run on consecutive days, especially when one of them is high miles.  However, as part of the Janathon challenge I agreed to do some form of exercise every day and post about it afterward.

For my birthday my friend gave me the Turbo Fire workout video set and I chose to do the HIIT 15 today.  A HIIT (high intensity interval training) is just what is says, intense.  For 15 minutes you jump, run, push, burn and sweat.  I like it on days like today where I want to get a work out in, but don't want to spend all day doing it.  I'm still pretty sweaty after and have to take a shower (damn those people that barely sweat), but it was worth it and felt great.  I know I could probably push a little more, but I didn't stop during any of the intervals, even though my head was telling me not to.  Afterward I went to Massage Envy for a massage I had scheduled.  It was delightful.

Two days into Janathon and I'm eating more consciously, active and ready for the year ahead of me.  I just hope I maintain this streak.  I even started a food journal and although I haven't followed all my plans perfectly (let's be honest, who does), but I'm doing well and even though it's only been two days I feel pretty good, at least physically.  Mentally, I've had a few minor things that stressed me out.  I tend to over worry about little stuff sometimes, but thankfully that was resolved so hopefully tonight I'll be sleeping pretty good :)

No comments: