Thursday, January 3, 2013

Janathon Day 3

Blogging everyday is definitely a challenge.  I need to keep this one short, but I did workout today.  Ideally, I would love to wake up between 5-6am and get a run in.  I set my alarm today and low and behold, I couldn't tear myself out of bed.  What I decided to do was bring all my running stuff to work so I could change as soon as the final bell rang and head out to my new favorite neighborhood to get a run in.  The school I work at is closer to that neighborhood and I figured it'd save time to go straight from work.  Plus, it would help me fight the urge to be lazy that I always get as soon as I get home.

After work I changed quickly and headed out to run.  The route I planned was a little hilly, at least more for my liking so it was hard for me.  However, I managed to run the whole route with no walk breaks.  Not walking is still a challenge for me because I always want to stop and walk, but I've had to keep telling myself that I don't need a break.  I did 3.42 miles today.  My pace was a little slower than I wanted, but I know if I keep at it and work on my consistency I will improve.  This Janathon blogging and accountability is certainly helping with that!

No comments: