Monday, January 7, 2013

Janathon Day 7

I ran up the hill today!  The hill isn't the biggest in the world, but it sure feels big every time I try to run it.  The hill portion is probably at least a quarter mile, maybe a little more.  In total, I ran a 2.5 mile route tonight with my friend.  I haven't ever run as late as we did, but it was kind of nice, aside from the cold at first.  I used to meet at the same spot we did last winter with some friends and there are several route options.  The hill route was a favorite because it was short and some days you just want something quick.  It's also good, because there's a big hill at the end.  I was never able to run all the way up the hill, but today I pushed it and I did it!  I was so proud of myself.  I think I'd love to go back to that spot and go up and down it a few times to speed train.  Once I'm comfortable with that one, I'll have to find a bigger one!

Overall, my day went well.  Work was good, I had some time to relax and then got a good workout in with my friend.  It's always nice to know you have someone counting on you because it would've been so tempting to back out.  This blogging thing helps too because I know I'm supposed to post something every day and I already skipped two days last week and didn't want to disappoint today.  On the agenda tomorrow is bikram yoga.  I haven't been in a while, but I'm excited for it.  I know it's going to kick my butt, but it feels great afterward.

No comments: