Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Janathon Day 8

Today I made my way back to the Bikram Yoga studio and loved it.  Imagine being in a hot room (about 105 degrees), with 40% humidity and doing a series of 26 yoga postures for 90 minutes . . . that's Bikram Yoga and it's intense.  Immediately into the first pose I was wondering why the heck I came.  It sucked.  It's my least favorite pose.  I don't know why, but it feels like one of the hardest to me.  Perhaps it's because your body is just getting into the groove.  I don't know, but it's the half moon pose series and I don't like.  However, by the end I'm glad I went.

I hadn't been in a while so I thought I might have to sit down and wouldn't be able to do all the poses.  It's easy to become light headed in that room.  You have to make sure you're hydrated enough and new comers usually have to sit a few poses.  I did my first time.  I'm happy to report that I was able to do all the poses, maybe not all as pretty and perfect as they are supposed to be, but I didn't need to sit and I didn't feel faint. I could tell that I digressed a little since from taking such a long break, and let's be honest, I was never that great, but I'm just happy I was able to hold all the poses.  I definitely want to make it part of my regular routine to go at least 3 times a week so I can continue to improve.  My favorite pose is the standing bow pose pictured.  I can't get my leg up that high . . . yet!

No comments: