Sunday, January 13, 2013

Janathon Day 13

You know the expression, "nothing ever goes as planned?"  Well, that's so true.  This weekend I had the chance to take a spontaneous adventure and I took it.  I had intentions of getting far better workouts in this weekend than actually occurred, but I did get a lot of walking in.  I had a fabulous weekend and it was worth it.  Today I was expecting to come home and get a 9 mile run in, but I was not feeling well at all.  I felt very light headed and all I wanted to do was lie down.  I've had vertigo before and it's not fun so anytime I start to feel like that I am retro active and try to get myself grounded again.

I love running and want to stick with my plan, but there was no way that 9 miles was going to happen when I felt like that.  I'm feeling a little better now, but I do still feel very weird.  I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it's been annoying.  I did walk a bit this morning so I'm glad I was able to get that done, I just wish I was able to do what I had planned.  This upcoming week I have 3 runs planned for the week and one long run on Saturday.  I'm going to try my hardest to make sure they happen.  Tomorrow I have a bunch of things to do after work so I really need to make sure that I wake up early and run or I know it won't happen.  That is going to be a challenge in itself.  I LOVE my sleep time.

I'm definitely a little embarrassed at how bad I'm doing at this challenge, but if anything I'm learning that it's good to set goals and hold yourself accountable.  However, the most important thing is to not beat yourself up when you don't always meet your goals.  I might not be perfect at keeping all my workout goals, but the point is that I'm trying and each week I get better and better at it.  I'm grateful for Janathon and the daily blogging.  It is challenging, especially on the weekend, but I'm enjoying the experience.  The hardest part is coming up with something interesting to write :)

No comments: