Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Drive

So, this is a little out of order but I forgot to write about our drive. My family and I (Mom, Dad, sister, brother, me and sister's boyfriend) piled into my brother's Ford F250 truck. We left DC around 1pm and arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 5:50am! Two people slept in the back with all the bags, yet on a campers mattress. My Mom and I got the midnight shift so it was nice to be able to spread out and sleep while we drove through the night!
I remember when I was a child road trips were a lot different. We haven't done a family road trip in at least 10 years so I was wondering what it was like. We used to have disney children's songs playing and we would sing along. We had a luxury van that had a couch that laid out to a seat in the back so we could lay and sleep, play cards and have space in the back. It was nice. We also always had a cooler filled with sandwiches and drinks and other goodies. It was good times. This time around we had 3 laptops so we could watch DVD's. My brother also had a wireless internet card so we could get on the web during the drive. Modern technology certainly made the drive a lot different than when I was a kid. It was nice. Plus, sleeping a lot helped the 18 hour drive be a little quicker.

When we arrived it was still dark and a little too early to call the family to meet up for breakfast so we parked at a beach and watched the sunset...or at least my Mom and I did and the rest of the fam slept in the truck. Here's some pictures I took when we arrived...
This is me trying to look all cheery at 6am!
Here's what it looked like when we arrived.
The next few pictures are the progression of the sun rise :)




This picture is fun...we had to do safety drills on the boat before we sail so I took a picture of me in life vest :)

No comments: