Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Last Stop: Bahamas

Our last stop on my family reunion cruise was in Nassau, Bahamas. It was supposed to be at Great Stirrup Cay, which is NCL's private island but the seas were too rough to tender in so we went to Nassau instead. I didn't mind since the weather was cloudy there wouldn't be much to do at a beach.

Nassau is home to Paradise Island, which houses the hotel Atlantis. They had an aquarium there so we walked around and looked at all the fishes (I know that's not how you spell it but I like to say it like that). I always thought I would want to go to Atlantis but I'm glad I went there for the day. It's nice, but I don't think Atlantis and Nassau is somewhere I would want to spend more than a day or two. It wasn't quite my style and I wasn't feeling it. My family stayed to look around the hotel and I took a water taxi back to the main island to shop, of course!

There was a flea market with ton of shops but they were all the same thing so it was a little annoying because I wanted to find a nativity set from the Bahamas. I collect nativities. Most of the stuff they sell are fake designer hand bags. Had I brought more cash I probably would have bought one but oh well. Next time...haha, if I go. Not to knock the Bahamas but I didn't really like it as much as the other ports. However, I should mention that it was Good Friday when we went so almost everything was closed. Had more things been open I might have had a more enjoyable time...and if it was more sunny :)

On my way back to the boat there were some guys about my age selling conk shells on the pier. They started whistling at me. Yeah, like that's going to get my attention. One of the guys came up to me and said "you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." Haha, I replied back, "then you must not have seen a lot of people in your life, but thanks." Haha!! He was a bit taken aback by my response. What did he expect? It was a fun day.

No comments: