Saturday, January 5, 2013

Janathon Day 5

All week I was gearing up for a 9 mile long run today, and ate a nice, extremely filling carbalicious (yep, I just made up that word!) meal to prepare.  I even ate out to do it...dang it!  I just love Cafe Rio and had a weird, emotional week and just needed some comfort, other than running.  I figured since I was going for a long run it was no big deal.  However, after I was eating and looked over my training scheduled I saw that today was only 3.1, and next week is 9 miles.  Double dang it!  I forgot that there's a few weeks of mileage increases and then a drop to help your body recover.  I still took the night off to hang out with friends and knew that I would just run 3.1.  It's a funny thing when you get the point where you're excited to "just" run 3 or you're excited when your long runs are "only" 12 (which is how I would feel when I was gearing up for the Marine Corps Marathon).  Who knew that could be so exciting?

Having to only do a 5k today was actually pretty good news because I had a birthday party to attend at 1pm and that meant I could sleep in and still run before.  If I had to do 9 miles I would have to block off at least 2 hours to travel to my run spot, run and travel home and depending on my mood and how the run is going, it might take 2 hours to do it.  So, the plan was to get up around 9ish, go out and run and go about the day.  Well, the boyfriend called and decided he wanted to have breakfast.  Being the sucker that I am, I caved.  When it was all said and done, that threw off my whole day.  Breakfast was delightful and we went to a very healthy place called First Watch in Rockville, MD.  I believe almost all their food was all-natural and organic.  They also had some really awesome choices that you don't normally see at a restaurant, like cholesterol/fat-free eggs and other hearty whole grains you typically only see in a health food/specialty store.  To make a long-story short, I had a great time eating breakfast, but didn't get my run in.  By the time I got back from the party is was late afternoon, I had other errands and it just didn't happen.  It's okay though, I'll do tomorrow!  I'm just slightly bummed that it's only day 5 and I'm off track a little.  

In terms of the no  junk food challenge.  That is definitely a challenge.  On my list of no no's is eating out and as you see by this post, I did it twice this weekend for an overall total of 3 times this year and it's only the 5th.  Dang it!  We'll, either way, I am being a lot more conscious of my choices and think if I stick with it, these choices will get easier and hopefully one day just be natural.  

No comments: