Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I love middle schoolers!

This conversation really happened yesterday between a student and me:

Student: "do I have to take the test today?"

Me: "why are you asking?"

Student: "because I wasn't here last Monday" (a week ago...)

Me: "well, you were here on Wednesday and Friday, got the study guide and did our test review with us...so..."

Student: "but I wasn't here yesterday either so I couldn't get my notebook from my locker"

Me: [with a funny look on my face] "and that's my problem because?"

Student: "but I couldn't study."

Me: "The test has been announced for over two weeks and you missed class a week ago and were here for 2 classes after that so, by reason of logic, I think that would mean, yes, you have to take the test."

Haha...kids are so funny! I have to say, this was the best story/excuse to far. My other favorite is, "it's at home."

No comments: