Sunday, September 21, 2008

South America Calling!

I've been trying to think of where to spend my next summer...naturally! I have a month and a half off and I'm not about to waste it away in Virginia. I had planned to visit in Europe with my sister but with the dollar in the pits, and trying to live on a budget, that's just not going to happen right now. I do however, have some co-workers who are from Colombia who are going there for the summer and invited me. I don't have a ticket but it's looking like that's a definite possibility. And, I made a friend who also has next summer off and is looking for some adventures so we are tenatively planning a trip to South America at the moment. Colombia is on the list for sure and hopefully Argentina. I would love to hit up Peru too and Brasil would be ideal. My question to all you readers, who's been to South America and can tell me where I have to go? I'm taking recommendations!

1 comment:

The DeMarcos said...

I didn't do a ton of touristee stuff, in Columbia, but it was a great experience. I think that if you have friends there it would be fun, however find out what area they live in. I'm sure they are better off them most, but it's important in a country like that. It's become a lot safer, but there is still some dangers there. Are they from Bogato or another city? I heard the coast is wonderful there. Fun times!