Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm stressing!!

I am leaving next Friday for a cruise with the family. We're having a little family renunion and I'm super excited. There's 28 of us going on the cruise, which sounds like a lot but being that my Dad is 1 of 10 kids it's not that many. Nine of the his siblings are going (one aunt couldn't make it) and some of my cousins but there's a good amount not coming...which saddens me because there's some I've never met, let alone know their names. It's actually pretty pathetic but my Dad's never been one to stay in touch well with his family so this cruise is a pretty big deal and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of my aunts, uncles and cousins better. Although, my cousins that are going I grew up with so I know them, I just haven't seen them in a while.

My immediate family, plus Joe (my sister's boo) will be leaving Virginia on Friday afternoon and making the nice long drive to Miami...it's 18 hours if you didn't know. I guess it worked out cheaper to drive together than flying. Personally, I'd rather fly but I don't get to make those kind of decisions, being that I'm the youngest. Going on an 18 hour car ride scares me a little because I haven't done a family road trip in at least 9 years...this should be interesting. My brother has a big Ford F250 with lots of space so we should fit comfortable. I fully intend of staying in the bag sleeping on the mattress we're putting in the whole time...away from everyone. I'm sure in the long run they will appreciate it because my family brings out an interesting side of me that I like to keep locked away. Stay tuned for posts on that drive! My family road trip is not what's stressing me out though.

Next week starts off my traveling adventures. I will be in and out of town for the next four months, only home for a week or so at a time before I head off to my next trip. As fun as it's going to be, I have A LOT to do before I go and I'm worried I might not get it all done. Thankfully, I've become a gym goer so that reduces a lot of my stress (and probably takes too much time) but I can't seem to shut my brain off at night to let myself sleep because I'm too busy worrying about all the things I have to do. I am a graduate student in my last semester so I have that to worry about. I'm also taking 2 online classes I need to finish up to qualify for my teaching license and it's seriously pure torture for me. I'm a huge procrastinator and each day that passes is less time I have to complete the courses and more work I have to do...it officially sucks. And the classes are so boring...economics and the history of England, ugh! I need to just suck it up and finish them already! They've been hanging over my head for months and I just want them done. Also, I'm the step team coach at the school I work at and we are competing this Friday. The team has been practicing hard and I think they are going to do great, we might even win, but who knows. I'll be posting a video of that this weekend. And also, this weekend I'm going to be performing some hula dances with some girls in my hula group so I have to practice those dances as well. Add all those things up what do you get? One very stressed out and not very fun to be around Amy!!

No comments: