Friday, June 7, 2013

Juneathon: Day 7

Today was pouring rain all day!  There were no students at school today (hallelujah!) and I didn't have much to do at work so it was a great day.  I've been packing up little by little all week.  My classroom is all packed up and Monday is going to be an easy day.  I wish we didn't have to go in at all, but I have a good book to read and great coworkers to talk to so it shouldn't be too bad.

When I got off I drove to Road Runners in Falls Church, VA to pick up my race packet for the Run or Dye 5k tomorrow.  The line was pretty long, but it wasn't a big deal waiting.  They hand out race numbers, but it's not timed.  I'm looking forward to it.  When I got home I made a salad, but opted to do the ab challenge BEFORE I ate it.  I didn't want to do ab work on a full stomach.  Today was 40 sit-ups, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises and a 30 second plank.  It wasn't terrible, but I know it's just going to get harder.  Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'm doing a 5k and then a 4-mile race in the evening.  I was going to run today, but the rain scared me :(  I'm a wuss!

No comments: