Monday, June 3, 2013

Juneathon Day 3

Today was a rest day for running and my marathon training and I was grateful for that. I'm not terribly sore like I thought I would be, but I had a friend give me a nice leg massage and rubbed in some Deep Blue Rub from Doterra essential oils company. I love essential oils. Deep Blue Rub is sort of like Bengay or Icyhot, but better. Having that rubbed in deep into my leg tissue made a drastic difference on how I'm feeling. Although today was a rest day I still participated in the ab challenge, which today was 20 sit-ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises and a 15 second plank. The sit-ups are not quite as easy as I want them to be. I remember in high school being able to do 60-70/minute for the fitness test and now I struggle to do 20. That's a sign I need to work on strengthening my core. I'm so excited for the summer and the time I'll get to focus on my fitness goals! Five days left of work and then 9 weeks of bliss :)

No comments: