Sunday, April 12, 2009

Charlotte, NC

I've been a long lost blogger lately but thought I would take a little time today to do a quick post. This past week was our school's spring break. I had every intention of writing a bunch of posts but you know how time flies and before I knew it the week was over. I mostly did some cleaning and organizing and running errands but I went down to Charlotte, NC with my special someone for a couple days and had a nice mini-vacay. We went down on Wednesday afternoon and unfortunately had to come back Friday evening but it was still fun and worth the drive. We stayed with my sister and her husband.

On Thursday we played frisbee golf or disc golf...whatever way you want to call it. It's actually a lot harder than I thought it was going to be and I really sucked at it. I think I might try it again and make a hobby of it. We went out to dinner that night and I met up with my old roommate from Florida. Afterwards we all went to Dean and Deluca () for a little dessert. That place is awesome but fine dining has an expensive price tag. On the way home we stopped and got a few treats. If you have one near you, I highly recommend stopping in and trying a few of the delicious treats. Some of the items are ridiculously overpriced but there are some unique foods there that make it worth the trip. Here are some photos of our trip.

You start off about 400-500 yards away, then you launch your disc...sometimes it's straight and clear, other times the hole is through trees and turns like a regular golf course.


Then once you do a couple of tosses you have to throw it in that contraption...as you can see, I was not at the best spot to try to make it.

Denied!

I totally did not want to have to go in there and get dirty. I'm sort of an indoor girl so luckily my brother in law went and got it for me but there was still a lot of mud on it...ick!

Take two :)

Finally! It's actually pretty hard but fun.

No comments: