Thursday, June 26, 2008

Manuel Antonio!!

It has been forever since I posted! If I have steady readers, I am so sorry. I've been getting used to life here and have found myself to be pretty busy. Anyway, a couple weeks ago I went to Manuel Antonio. It's a town near Quepos on the southwest side of Costa Rica and it's so beautiful. There is a national park there with lots of monkeys, sloths, birds, lizards...and racoons! There are also some beautiful beaches in the park, my friend and I found one that had no people so it was nice to have our own private beach for a while.

Also, this was my first trip where I brought a backpack and stayed in a hostel. It was definitely a new experience sharing a room and a bathroom with a bunch of girls. However, the girls and other people I met there were really nice. I wasn't sure if I would be able to live out of a backpack and stay in hostels for an extended period but I think meeting awesome people makes up for all the germs and not as nice facilities. Haha, I'm sure that sounds so prissy but I've always been a little high maintenance so I'm sure it will take a little getting used to a life style like that. The hostel wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I'm used to. But, if I do take my round the world trip like I'm planning then that will be my life...hostels! It will be fun to meet a lot of new people. Anyway, here are some pictures from my trip to the park.

Haha...people, dogs, sloths, and monkey crossing...so classic of Costa Rica
That would be a sloth at night...I think it took an hour for it to go 2 feet, they are really, really slow!
Taking a little boat ride to the Manuel Antonio National Park
Yikes, I hope we don't fall in...
There were lots of these little monkeys around :)


This sloth was just chillin' in the trees...that's the life
Here's a huge lizard we saw...we saw a lot of different kinds.
We also saw this holler monkey...they make a really cool sound
The best part was we found our own private beach...serenity now!

No comments: