Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Who Am I?


My name is Amy and I'm a 20-something single girl. This year I'm approaching a quarter-life crisis...that's right, I'm turning 25. This year is one of those pivitol years in a person's life. I've been reflecting on my life so far and I've done a lot of cool things but there is so much more I want to do. I've always been a lofty dreamer and have a lot of ambitions. I've always loved traveling and learning about other cultures so it's only natural that one of my goals is to travel the world before I die. I would like to make a round the world trip here in the very near future so I decided to start this blog. This blog will be the journey of a single girl trying to travel the world piece by piece...while still trying to live an everyday life (at least for now).


I've been reading some awesome blogs lately that have inspired me to change my own travel ambitions. I love to travel and throughout the last year or so have definitely made traveling a priority in my life. I love to do it and I have the time and resources for it so why not? Most of the blogs I've been reading are about people that have taken the time off to travel for a year or more. My favorite site of that nature is The Lost Girls. Three girls left their Manhattan life behind and set out on a year long adventure. Another site that was great is Six in the World. A family of six left their lives in Atlanta and set out for a 13 month around the world trip. Talk about an awesome family vacation. I'm going to have to do that when I have kids. To date most of my vacations have been only a week or two and this summer I'll kick off my first long-term travel itinery. I'll be heading to Central America for the summer. It's not a year long trip yet but it's a start.

I'm finishing up my masters degree this semester and have already accepted a teaching position for the 2008-2009 school year. I will not be able to start any year long journeys just yet but I will be starting my savings account for it! I have a bunch of trips planned so far this year and will keep up with my short trips until I can fund a year long journey. Plus, I'll be needing to find a travel buddy. I don't know that it is safe for me to travel alone. I think after my first year teaching I might start my round the world quest. My sister and her boyfriend are moving to Kosovo this summer to teach for two years so when I'm done I will probably start there but we'll see. Stay tuned on my blog for future trips and plans :)

No comments: